Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Instant Gradification Takes Too Long.....

My new method of weight loss, or "telling my body to lose weight by eating nutrient dense food" is going well. I am still amazed at the lack of cravings for sugar and junk food I have. I actually crave healthy foods. I feel good and I'm eating smaller portions. But I haven't lost a pound yet and I'm frustrated. I keep reminding myself that I haven't even given this a full week yet and no losing weight in the first couple of weeks is in line with the method I'm using. I do still trust that this is the right way to go. I still trust that if I keep feeding my body nutrient dense food it will shed the pounds effortlessly but......

It's hard to wait to see that scale move down! I know, I know, it's only been 5 days but like I've said before when I've "dieted" I usually see a 2-4 lb weight loss in the first 5 days! Of course then the scale goes up 10 pounds but whose counting? I know I am. I just want some confirmation that I'm going to get smaller doing this! I have confirmation that the food I'm eating is good for me, I feel fantastic! I have almost no sugar cravings and I'm eating smaller portions without trying to. BUT I WANNA SEE THE SCALE MOVE DOWN!!!!! NOW! NOW! NOW!

Breathe kiddo, breathe....

The other frustrating thing about this method is the emotional shedding component. The thinking is that some people have an emotional reason why they hold on to weight. You have to figure out why you keep a fat layer on for emotional reasons and then you somehow get over it and the weight just flys off your bod. Well, I zeroed in on what makes me want a fat layer of protection around me but now I don't know what to do with that information. I talked to my sister about it because she is awesome and my very best-est female friend. It was good to talk about it but I don't feel it's resolved and if it's not resolved THE SCALE ISN'T GOING TO MOVE DOWN!!!!

Breathe girl.....

I need to just trust God. Trust Him that He will help me release this pain, this darkness with in me in His time. I really haven't given Him much time. I only figured out what my "problem" is a couple of days ago, although it's been years in coming to me. I've been processing my "heart pain" since I was 20. I can remember talking to my roommates at college about it when I first realized that my heart or chest hurts all the time. I guess if it took me and God almost 20 years just to tell me what is wrong maybe it will take another 20 to get rid of it....but I doubt it. Whatever it takes, 20 hours, 20 days or 20 years if I am in the palm of His hand.....it's all good. BUT WHY CAN'T I BE GETTING SMALLER IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND?????

What did I tell you about breathing.......

Writing this post has really shown me how totally impatient I am being about this. Okay, okay...I'm going to go breathe some more now and practice patience.

I still love this method of losing weight. I still trust it will work but more importantly, I trust God gave me this plan and will guide me through it.

She takes a deep breath in and slowly lets it out.......

No comments:

Post a Comment